Tudno Street was the first street built in the ‘modern’ Llandudno around the 1840s, from where Llandudno expanded under the guidance of Lord Mostyn to the grand Victorian resort which we have today.
Before this Llandudno was a small mining village with only a few hundred inhabitants. Interestingly ‘Saint Tudno’ (pronounced Tidno) is the patron saint of Llandudno (whose name is derived from his), and founder of the original parish church, located on the Great Orme peninsula.
By 1860 number 12 Tudno Street had been converted into a public house under the care of the Davies family, who are believed to have been the first landlords. Later number 11 was purchased and incorporated into the present building. The small public bar was originally a lean-to at the end of the building.
Stange & Co. purchased the pub in 1997 in a rather poor old state, over the years we’ve given her the TLC she needed to bring her back to health and under Paul’s stewardship created a bustling little local famed for its beer, atmosphere and fairly lights. Sadly the fairy light are no more but you will always find great beer, a great atmosphere and friendly faces at the Snowdon.